Thursday, June 22, 2006

The road to glory...

I just watched Glory Road. It didn’t inspire me to jump up to take an active role correcting past racial injustices and ameliorate the position of people faced with inequalities but I certainly enjoyed the movie.


For those of you that spend your hours in lightless rooms it is about the Texas Western College basketball championship season of 1966 and that fact that they were the first team ever to start 5 black players in a NCAA championship game.

I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to say about the movie but was certainly moved enough to put finger to keyboard. However when I googled the film name to get a picture for my post (many posts start out picture first) I stumbled across this dude’s review of the movie and it certainly made me want to write something.

I am not going to give him the pleasure of revealing his site name as you will know that even bad publicity is good publicity but instead I’ll steal the opportunity to berate his berating of the film without him being able to rebut my points hence ensuring me the victory. Okay so Glory Road might not have inspired me but it has taught me sneaky ways to win.


So who is your daddy?

This nameless film critic is an absolute pounce and it wouldn’t surprise me if he was Barry Ronge’s gayer son or at the very least the equally queer son of Michael Moore. He wrote this long piece that turned into a polemic about how Jerry Bruckheimer (GR producer) was just being a typical white bigot by trying to cleanse himself of racial guilt and attach the “I’m a white guy that cares and detested racism” name to his.

Now I am not going to try justify that because I have lived my whole life in one of the few countries that has succeeded in discarding the evil white robe of racism I have the authority to write on such things. But since I am one that has lived in the generation after these injustices, making me part and parcel to the healing process, I can say that the prick on the other end of the film critique is an utter wanker.


It is the attitude like the one he has that retards the process of any progression toward the goal of getting over such an abhorrent history and moving toward a cohesive and successful future. Unlucky for him it also makes him the guy that doesn’t get over the girlfriend that dumps him so he will spend the rest of his life phoning her at 4am with a bottle of MY KINDA cane in him professing his, literally, undying love. Wanker…

No comments: