Tuesday, June 06, 2006

And the docstar finally delivered unto the world...

In the spirit of the Rockstar Journals, I thought it fitting to post some lyrics from a group of literal rockstars and one of my favourite bands at the moment, Brand New. I'll be the first to admit that my musical taste is as indiscriminant as a Fishoek Senior Primary graduate but these guys really are world class. So without further ado and as my inaugural contribution to what is becoming an institution....

"I am heaven sent, don't you dare forget,
I am all you ever wanted, what all the other boys have promised...
I think in decimals and dollars, I am the cause of all your problems...
We aren't pretenders, we're throwing a vibe...
Oh we're so controversial, we are entirely smooth,
We admit to the truth, we are the best at what we do,
And these are the words you wished you wrote down,
This is the way you wish your voice sounds, handsome and smart,
Oh my tongues the only muscle in my body that works harder than my heart
Wouldn't stop if I could, oh it hurts to be this good,
This is the craze only we can bestow"

Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols once said "I don't have any rock 'n' roll heroes. They're all useless." I have to disagree

No comments: