Tuesday, June 06, 2006

06-06-06...

This is just fucking weird. I spent (wasted) a good 30 minutes of my day in traffic today and to add insult to injury my ipod was void of charge and I had to put up with Gareth Cliff making a whole song and dance about the fact that the date is 06/06/06.

Crumbs if the lotto numbers this weekend were going to be 060606 that would be a big deal but since I was feeling left out by not sharing their enthusiasm I decided to google this little numerical coincidence when I got home.

-----------------------------Joe's National Slayer Day!


Pretty fucking interesting to say the least. Today happened to be the National Day of Slayer. I thought awesome my mate Joe has got his own website about his conquests with the other sex and better yet his own National Day, but it didnt take long to realize there are some pretty creepiy people out there.

Slayer is actually this band in America that makes you want to hire Freddie Kruger to look after your kids. They make that kid dressed in black who always arrives late and sits in the back of the lecture theatre with the waist-length gothic hair and the oversized headphones that he never removes look like that cute podgy kid in Two and a Half Men. God they freaky. (redundant I guess since being omnipotent allows you to know this already)

They have this little manifesto think of how to celebrate the day. Read it and draw your own conclusions.


· Taking that participation to a problematic level
- Stage a "Slay-out." Don't go to work. Listen to Slayer.
- Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.
- Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.
- Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).
- Kill the neighbor's dog and blame it on Slayer.

Fair enough kick the neighbours dog cause it keeps pissing on your morning paper but kill it? I'm guessing you guys didn't get much positive reaffirmation of love as a kid!

No comments: