Sunday, June 11, 2006

Lie about this...

Someone should write a piece about why they hate people who lie! I hate people who lie to me cause it creates inside me an impression of something that is fallacious and it pisses me off. On Friday I was lied to…



The newspapers were saying the whole week that Carlos Spencer would be starting for the World XV when they appeared against a pseudo-Western Province Currie Cup team to play in Corne Krige’s benefit game. I hate Corne Krige but that’s a different story. The bottom line is I only paid to go watch because the World XV gloated a star studded line-up.

Needless to say those ticket scalping bitches that advertised the starting 15 and the game, lied in that Spencer didn’t start and more so he never was going to. He only played the last 26 minutes…



As I said the WXV was sporting a star studded lineup and I would have gone even if Spencer was only benching but the point is they instilled in me the belief that I was going to witness 80minutes of the Carlos show. Do build things up and then have them anticlimax. That’s like a girl inviting you back to her place to play hide the toy soldier and instead you play monopoly. Not cool hey.

Thankfully Sebastien Chabal (also down to start but benched) came on early cause Toutai Kefu has got so fat his shadow is twice what his normal self used to be. (I think that it is how the euphemism is meant to work) Anyway Chabal has to be the mainest (maniest?) guy playing in any loose trio right now.



He came on and immediately broke off the base and steamrolled over Corne Krige. Not sure how that was too his benefit but whatever I was there for Spencer and now Chabal. The guy is phenomenal. Bernard Laporte would be a fool to omit him from his French squad. He is only 30 next year but if you saw the 60m try he scored, the massive hits he put in and the crap he took on the chin literally from bonehead Dutchmen like Pietie Ferreira you would have no doubt over his age.

Oh and he was man of the match against the Springboks last week. He wife must be the physically unluckiest girl in the world... I hope all the people responsible for the little media charade about the starting fifteen wake up in pain every morning for the rest of their lives feeling like Mrs Chabal after a passionate night with Sebastien....

No comments: