Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Grand Slam Year...


You can't really keep a rockstar down. No matter how hard you try to squash an individual of such rockstarish pedigree or remove the stage on which he can perform, he will always find a way to blow your feeble attempts away and show his true rockstar colours.

After speculation that he would recover from groin surgery and be ready for action as soon as Wales' game against New Zealand in November, it was corrected that Gavin Henson would in fact miss the rest of 2005 along with possibly the 6 nations.

Without the rugby field to use as his canvas for expression the celebrity player has written a book about his year. The rockstarish theme to his audacity is tangible. Firstly, the book is just about 2005 and not a biography. Secondly it is about 2005 and its only October!!!

Besides the huge drawcard that he speaks his mind and says it how it is without giving a coalmine about the repercussions, he also has a nice stab at Sir Clive Woodward. Anyone who hates the Poms is a friend of mine...

On SCW:
"I also felt his tactics and his game-plan were out of date, while I was shocked to see how little actual coaching he does."

"Clive's coaching methods were something new to me and left me a bit bewildered."

Hate me cause my tan is impossibly fake yet it looks good. Hate me cause my hair is sick crazy but chicks love me. Hate me cause I shave my legs, wear silver boots yet kick game winning penalties from my own half. Hate me cause I'm small in stature yet put in huge hits. Hate me cause I play 12 yet score more tries than your wings. Hate me cause I'm better than you...

No comments: