Wednesday, November 28, 2007


Le Male...

Coming back from the soap depot the other day myself and Tyler caught the 22h35 bus back into town. The advertising branding in the side of the carriage caught our attention...



Not only have I not bought anything produced by Jean Paul Gaultier I am pretty sure I am not acquainted with anyone who ever has. With this in mind I ask what the hell is this guy on about? The new JPG ad on TV has like 4 or 5 model men having a soap up derby in the changeroom of what can only be assumed to be Wembly Square Virgin Active.


The ad is seriously taking the piss. I have no idea which right minded male would watched the ad and think fuck I need to get my hands on the new homoerotic shaped bottle of forehead exfoliator cream or that latest fruity flavoured flaming fragrance.




I am left speechless... Underboob is great but that tanned shaven European yacht boy image can't be sustainable in South Africa. Surely DSTV doesn't air this ad during prime time, or any time, besides in Cape Town and that dodgy strip in Durban? Can you imagine the pandemonium if this ad was televised between the final whistle of the first half and a Kobus Wiese game analysis?

No comments: