Monday, November 26, 2007


I Apologize...

You need to know two things about me for the purpose of this post. I am a light sleeper and that I live opposite the Cape Town chapter of the SA Children's Home.

The little tykes that live below my balcony are incredibly well behaved and besides the 07h30 noise they make when they go to school during the week and the splashing and yelling between 15h30-16h30 during recreation and swimming hour they have never given me cause to complain.

Friday was different.



I was comfortably enjoying my Friday afternoon siesta in preparation for a big weekend ( quote "thank you") when I was rudely awakened by Timbaland's 'The Way I Are' from his new album Timbaland Presents: Shock Value. The base was so loud I thought there was a taxi blockade in the little one-way outside my building. Beethoven would have heard it...

Now I love this track and in preparation for a weekend in Hermanus I needed to familiarise myself with people saying 'way I are' but it was nap time and I was angry.

Standing on my balcony revealed that Karl Cox must have donated his sound equipment to the kids for xmas this year and a month too early. They were pumping out Timbaland and showing off an admittedly sick array of urban-street break dance moves. If you dressed them in red overalls they would have looked like a New York street dancing gang. If you dressed them in orange and white they would have looked like Justin Timberlake umpa-lumpas, but that is neither here nor there.



I take pity on these little abused dudes but was lank bleak at the sleep intrusion so shouted at them to turn the music down.

The one little dude, stuck his fist in the air and waved me off with the classic roy ferguson tsak! I shook my head and started back inside when the music went off, and a lightie screamed, 'hey mister...'!

I stopped and turned and the music kicked in again. This time it was track 16 again. And if you have the new Timbaland on your ipod you will see the humour.



And in line with bringing the world to you. "One Republic" the American rock band from Colorado that collaborates with Timbaland for that track is coming to Kirstenbosch this summer. Details to follow...

No comments: