Sunday, December 04, 2005

And the home of the Stripmall...

After a longish lull in the production of high quality blogging fare the executive body at rockstarweb have decided to send their star (intended) contributors to the furthest reaches that limited resources would allow so as to add an international flavour to the site.


I drew the short straw and got sent to the mighty US of A, while co-rockstar was left spinning bottles, flaring cocktails, bouncing shakers and spading Camps Bay glitterati in his cockdiesel black beater.

Actually I think I got the long straw but we’ll compared notes later to reveal the truth. Anyway the short result is that I am in the land of the strip mall for close on two months and will do my 'bestest' (that’s a word here) to try and uncover how rockstars live in this part of the world.

As a side from this I also aim to uncover the biggest douchebag on my trip (that’s another word here). Douchebag is the term given to categorise those out right idiots of the world. In SA or more specifically Cape Town context think those absolute beauts who lean against the burger pie counter from 1am onwards at 24 hour woolworths exchanging mythical drinking tales or barraging defenseless females with their heroics of slipping past the bouncer and 200 queuing minnows outside Pulse before mainlining Jager-bombers and dancing on the bar with that gold-belted shirtless Mexican looking fellow.



You know the kind I’m talking about. They are as ubiquitous in Cape Town as gay marriages will be in Sea Point post Friday. I’m going to try unearthing these amazing fellows here and exposing them to the world. My reason? I like being amazed, and they’re amazing…

Lata ya’all.


No comments: