Friday, November 03, 2006

Weekly round-up...

Since I handed in my thesis last week and I only have one pathetically easy exam in the reasonably far off future, I have resumed my behaviour from the start of the year. Now with people either learning for exams or working as corporate sluts, you'd think I'd battle to find partners in crime but last weekend witnessed the descent of 3 of Durban's finest young gentlemen intent on discovering the best of what Cape Town has to offer. Who am I to shirk the reponsibility I felt towards chaperoning them.

Thursday was a typically filthy Tiger night which saw me waking up on a friends couch on Friday morning. A Caprice lunch sorted out my throbbing head and prepared us for the Brauhaus Oktoberfest at 6 that evening. Things got messy fairly quickly and we were soon dancing to a fake Robbie Wessels held back Leeuloop and instead delivered classics like "Play that Funky Music White Boy" during which he would insert his own lines. For example...
"Play that funky music white boy...I love it, Do you love it?" and
"Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight...Wikky wikky wah"
We finally made it out alive and moved on to Fiction and the Durbanites finally crawled home at half 6.

Saturday night started off with Talladega Nights, the new Will Ferrel movie which, from GH#12's posts below, you can see has more than just a few cheap laughs going for it. The next stop was Maverick's. Now without trying to sound like a dirty old man (I'm not old), I feel like I have some experience in the strip club scene. My first digs was nearly 20 metres from the Cape Town Teazers, we used to make regular birthday trips there and I have been to Maverick's during the day. So with this said, I think it is a pretty weighty comment that the collection of dancers at Maverick's on Saturday night was the hottest I have ever seen at a strip club. Congrats Maverick's. Docstar stamp of approval for you. We finally finished up at Miam (well technically it ended at the police station but the fun part ended at Miam) where I rediscovered my taste for Jack and lime. I'm so sorry I ever neglected you my darling..

I showed poor form by skipping Caprizi on Sunday night but we were all in need of some rest and relaxation. The bad influence left on a jet plane on Monday and I thought I was safe but I was wrong. In the words of Bryan Adams, "The best was yet to come." There was still one Cape Town based examless creature who accompanied me to the Tiger Halloween party on Tuesday night. After a somewhat slow start, things picked up very nicely and after running into a few familiar faces and a few shooters, a good time was had by all. At one moment I was floored by a tall, blowjob cut, blonde angel (literally, she was dressed as an angel) all in white. She was the perfect foil to my all in black vampire and after I found her loitering next to me on the dance floor I offered her a drink. "I don't drink much," she said sweetly, accompanied by harps and violins. In what i thought was a highly original move, I offered her a shot of water while I had my tequila which went down well but it soon became evident that she was a bit bland and wasn't fitting in with the vibe of our night. Pity

To finish off a great week, I went to the Whiskey festival at the ICC. I'm not the biggest whiskey drinker and there was a stage where I was thinking of pulling out but man am I glad I didn't. R120 gets you plenty of free drink vouchers and there are oysters, cheese and chocolate to taste and if you can sweet talk your way into a lounge like the Johnnie Walker Lounge or the J&B Jet Lounge (thank you), free food and drink is abundant. It also doesn't hurt to have a friends working at two of the stands. The promo girls were out of the top drawer (Jack Daniels and Glendower were personal favourites), there was live music by Coda and an all-round good vibe. The good news is, you still have a chance to go so do it.

Enjoy your exams while I do my thing. Mu ha ha

No comments: