Friday, November 24, 2006

The US and A...

In a similar fashion to Borat, I have travelled to the great "US and A" to study their culture. I am basing my operations in Aspen and have been told that I can expect snowboarding, keg parties and easy women. I'm all for the first two but to be honest, if a woman is easy she probably isn't worth it.

The Rockstar Journals now have correspondents on 3 continents so readers can expect some diversity. Not Ron Burgundy's old wooden ship but rather a vast array of articles about different customs around the world.

After a flight via London (which included a whirlwind tour for the benefit of my travel companion), I arrived in Denver. We had minimal customs problems although I was asked whether I was carrying any recreational drugs. Do I look like I'm carrying recreational drugs? Ok, maybe. As we stepped into the airport, the following announcement was made.."Airport security has been raised to Orange. Please be on the lookout for any suspicious persons or activity." Coincidence? We rented the steamy Pontiac G6 to drive from Denver to Aspen..

Now here, my job affords me the luxury of sitting on the internet all day whilst being paid $13 an hour. Not quite up to the snowboarding yet after my broken ankle but have hooked up a ski pass worth R9000 to capitalise once I get the chance. I foresee this leading to the rage brought on by the famous "what happened to your ankle?" incidents of earlier in the year as by answering that here I am then forced to explain the entire game of rugby as well.

It is Thanksgiving today. Yesterday I was asked whether we celebrated the holiday so I had to explain the American history of the Pilgrims and thanksgiving to an actual American. Otherwise, the people i have dealt with have not been as ignorant as I was expecting.

Took a stroll in central Aspen the other day. Its all Hummers and diamond draped yummy mummies so there is plenty to keep one interested...


Wait with bated breath boys and girls. There is plenty to come...


No comments: