Friday, May 05, 2006

I swear to Godot...

I am by no means the biggest religious person around. In fact I am nearer to being an atheist than Godot is to being punctual. I have had my fair share of religious education; went to a private school with a big chapel and I once had this enlightened experience with a bevy of angels.

I don’t believe there is a heaven but I certainly believe there are angels. I will get back to this point. However, despite my non-believer status I don’t have any judgment to pass on those that do. In fact I regularly quote the holy scriptures as a means to either embarrass someone’s immoral actions or merely as a lovely turn of phrase, kinda like how just used ‘pass judgment’.

Our biggest resource of interesting information, religious and mostly otherwise, is collegehumor.com and this is what they gave me this week, like manna from heaven.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 (New International Version)
11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Proverbs 25:24 (New International Version)
24 Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Amazing! I can’t fault this logic. Yes 'show no pity' could be construed as harsh and it goes against what Mr T so regularly purports but if a girl seizes your private parts in such a manner it must be fiar. Although admittedly I think the NIV version of the bible is akin to Puff Daddy’s version of ‘Every breath you take’, a gross corruption, but who am I to mock the bible.

Now back to the angels point. As we have mentioned before having your site pillaged by rockstar journals is a huge accolade. What can we say? Splattermail gets a gold star!

See should have wings, or at least a halo...

No comments: