Monday, February 09, 2009


A little more than you bargained for...


Forking out an amount of money for a product, item or experience and then finding out there are ancillary costs is a bit of a hack, or if you get less than what you paid for. However, the converse is one of the slickest things around...

I´ll do one...

My weekend had a bit of both. Getting scouted for the Cape Town 10s was meant to allow me to relive the glory days of try scoring celebrations and massive hits, but instead my efforts only yielded ridiculously hot playing time at a competitive level I was hoping to avoid.

Thankfully Sunday saw my poor luck rewarded as a little visit to Kirstenbosch for Arno Carstens developed into something special.

Arno threw a serious vibe and a few of his Another Universe album hits around like JZ throws around attempts to derail the justice system, and then Arno, again like JZ, said goodbye and walked off...

However...

On walks some long haired roadie looking guy who saunters around on stage, throws a little wave and plugs in his guitar. After about a minute of strumming whilst the crowd packed up its cheese and wine, back on walks Arno.

He points to the haired dude, and says, I would like you to all meet Theo Crous.... and WE ARE THE SPRINGBOK NUDE GIRLS.


Slick. They jammed 30 minutes of Nude Girls hits. Very rad...

No comments: