Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Watch the space...

I just love moments like these. Little pockmarks in history when on the world stage people ever so subtly refer to something so much bigger, and you really have to be paying attention to notice.

My memory fails me for an example right now but I do remember when young Kelly Kapawowski told me in grade 7, the chance of me coming right with her were one in a million. Little did poor Kelly know at the time that I was a fuckin´ good betting man.

Not a rock star..!

But here we have one of our own, clearly telling the world press that he isn´t a rock star..! I know the profoundness of the space wasn´t lost on you.

"It's well overdue. But the coach and the team both know that it's not one person that's gonna win something. I am neither Maradona nor a rock star.¨

Yes, Dan, we know you don´t play an instrument...unless of course you could liken the opposition to the spanish guitar...

No comments: