Wednesday, August 20, 2008


Yam-ming...


Today at 16h20 SA time, Usain Bolt will jog the 200m men´s final in an attempt to be the first dude since Carl Lewis in 1984 to win the sprint double. The kid turns 22 tomorrow and his brazen youthfulness runs riot when he performs on the world´s biggest sporting stage.

I´m yamming..!

Watching him run the semi-final yesterday was a joke. It made me admit that this guy should be tested. Not necessarily just for steroids but more importantly for human DNA. Can you be stripped off a medal for testing positive for extra-terrestrial origin?


His Dad attributes his pace to a diet of yams. By jupiter my fridge is now full of yams. If he breaks Johnson´s 19.32s just now, I am replacing my blood plasma with yam juice. His PB is 19.67.

He has also had an impact off the track, with his antics causing the comment of the Olympics: ´He is going to be in hot demand in the Olympic village tonight..!´

Lucky man...

No comments: